September 4, 2007

Noodles of the World



On the plane I sat next to a Mexican dentist named Cristina. She's visiting China for the first time. She said she loved Europe and I told her I'd never been. On the plane they served us instant noodles and she leaned over and almost secretly told me that in Italy they put noodles with tomatoes and call it 'spah-hetti'. With raised eyebrows and nodding of the head she said, "itz bedi goud". I didn't have the heart to tell her that I knew. I just looked down at my chow mein and said, "Huh, with tomatoes..."

(All that to say- I'm back, safe, and waking up at 5am every morning.)

2 comments:

Katester said...

Hey look, I helped design that t-shirt! :)

Carly said...

Allister Joseph~
Yay! So glad to hear you made it back over there safely! I hope your new place is working out well and can't wait to hear the stories that are to come. Wub You!!!
~Carly Suester