January 9, 2006

the future...


I will graduate from SDSU next semester, so naturally I'm bombarded with the same question over and over again, "What are you going to do now?" It's a natural question to ask, I know I've asked it before. I went home for Christmas with family and childhood friends asking and this is what I said- "I'm moving to China." The comical thing is that I got the same response everytime- the chin is pulled in, eyebrows transformed from nice arches to scrunched lines on their face, followed by the drawn out, "Whhhhhyyy?" Do I have friends I'm going with? No. Do I speak Mandarin? Not now, but I'm going to be tutored. Now make your face look normal, I'll be alright.
I'll be teaching University English for 10 months. I'm excited about the adventure of the unknown, the thought of teaching 200+ students English and having American teammates to share life with. I leave in late August for Beijing.
Speaking of sharing life in a deeper sense, my best friend is getting married in September. Cynthia Querin will soon be Cynthia Reynoso and I couldn't be happier for her! Our conversations have changed from funny work stories, embarrassing moments, and daily happenings...to wedding dress shopping decisions. I'm a bridesmaid that will be in China in September, so I'm working on the flying back for the wedding portion. I hope it works out- this is going to be one amazing wedding.

No comments: